Thursday, March 30, 2006

MELISSA IS A STAR!

Tonight I went to Susanville and had Mexican dinner with Grandson#1 Michael and it was so good! I just can't understand why it was so hard to find good Mexican food in Texas but it was, we tried them all and they could never match with California Mexican--we are so blessed here in California. Then I went to see Granddaughter #3 Melissa in two high school original plays. She was brilliant playing a big part in each play and she acts so effortlessly--it is definitely her destiny. However, the issues of today's youth overwhelm me--the plays were about substance abuse, mental phobias (can't leave the house), unfaithfulness, Altheimers, and homosexuality. In the 40's I don't recall these subjects were ever brought up--well, maybe homosexuality in a passing remark but we were definitely the age of innocence. I had just been putting pictures in my memoir and so read about my life in the 40' and 50's. What a contrast. But at any rate Melissa is a star!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far