Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Mourning Garden for Laurie

New Mourning garden in memory of Laurie is being created. I have ordered Iris and Hosta to fill it with so it will be a thing of beauty next summer and since deer don't bother Iris, it should be ok. I love that I can get top soil from the back of my lot and find rocks and interesting pieces of wood to create little gardens on my lot. And go to the river and find rocks for paths.
John's Mourning gardens are winding down and getting ready to sleep through the winter. I have ordered new lillies to fill them with for next summer. Each year I learn a few new tricks to deal with the deer and squirrels.
I love that I find joy in creating my own little spaces of beauty without the need of landscapers and designers and all that cost...The simple life is a good life...
Now I just need to borrow a truck so I can put sand down and finish my flagstone patio...maybe next summer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far