Tuesday, December 05, 2017

You Forgot Your Age?

I keep forgetting to take pictures but worse than that, I forgot my age, I can't believe it.  George, from my childhood, noted in response to my Christmas Card that I had the wrong age on my Letter!!  And the funny thing is I had had lunch with Gary and his Mom Shirley and when we were comparing notes and she said she just turned 83 and I said I was turning 84 in January.  Later than night I realized what I said was wrong, I will be 85! So stupid.  And then George tells me I have the wrong age on my Christmas letter which I have played with, edited and reread several times!!!  This is definitely a worrisome thing.

So far, no one else has noticed or cared or even read it for all I know.  Why do I like to write my card each year?  I think it is more of a milestone to record for me.  I have my Christmas memories since 1960 in books and still like to get them down from time to time and remember.  Obviously my memory is going, so I was wise to keep a record.

Saturday I had a fun day with Linda and Maria, we went to lunch at North County Fair and then drove to Canterbury Gardens in Escondido.  My friend Diane from 7th Ward started that Christmas store when we were still raising our families.  Her one son took it over and it is bigger than ever.  We did not buy anything but so fun looking.

Maria and I went back to North County Fair and did some shopping.  I found out the size 10 jeans do not fit me so have to try some 8s!!!  Maria found a necklace and earrings she let me get her and helped me pick out something for Melissa's Master's gift.

On Sunday James's coworker Gary took his Mom and I to lunch in Oceanside and it was a fun time talking to her mostly.  She showed me her Section 8 housing and it is very nice.  She has a large CD collection also and a Bose to play them on!  Gary told me there is a Bose outlet in Solana Beach I think.  I will have to find it.  The lunch was a Brunch and I had prime rib, haven't had that in like forever.  Another of James's coworkers came to our table and told me I was a beautiful woman.  Nice to hear at any age, even if it was flattery.

The family is back and this is a big house, you cannot hear each other by calling so have to go find where someone is...Sadie keeps hearing something and thinks she is missing out when we are taking our nap or in bed or whatever.  I continue to be up and down the stairs a lot and it seems to be ok for me so that is good.

James started watching "Big Little Lies" on the plane so came to my room and wanted to find it on my Roku Tv and we found it on Amazon but had to pay for it to watch...I now have to go back and finish episodes I missed when we started on his Episode 4.  It is a very well done series though and I think it is admirable that these lady actresses are taking control and producing their own shows.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far