Saturday, November 19, 2005

On to Galveston

Leaving the Beaumont Office and on to Galveston where I will be working in the DRC there till it closes. The birds crowd at the end of the ferry and swoop around you. A welcome from the birds. Since I won't be home for Thanksgiving I thought I would get a little nostalgic and use my Thanksgiving picture from last year to get me in the mood for the holiday. I had been working in Sacramento processing loans from Hurricane Charley, etc. so my daughter Maria brought her family from Susanville and we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Black Angus in Folsom. My family is too far away this year so who knows where I will eat. Maybe go view the birds again. As I drove down from Beaumont I could still see so much debris and devastation around. There is so much recovery left. The biggest threat I hear about as I meet with the applicants is the evergrowing mold in their homes...there just isn't enough money or help to put it all back together. 13 of our applicants last week were still living in their cars!!! 900 trailers went out from Jasper to applicants this week but we just can't seem to keep up with the need. Posted by Picasa

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far