Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas 2006 in Lake Almanor

Bandido is already for Christmas in his sporty new coat and he has been wearing it. It has been chilly! 

 Even though I keep forgetting to take pictures I have had a very pleasant holiday season so far. The season started with a shared Thanksgiving Dinner at the Greenville Ward. Food was great and a fun program (no picture) and then there was Thanksgiving at Maria's which was wonderful (no picture). 

 A week or so later we went to Handel's Messiah at the Methodist Church in Susanville and then watched Melissa and the college girls dance (picture on Maria's blog) and walked around the decorated stores with delicious treats and saw the lighting of the 250 tall tree which was gorgeous. Fun night! 

 Thursday night I went to Susanville for a progressive Christmas dinner with Maria's Church ladies (no picture) and then last night we had a wonderful Christmas dinner and program in our Clear Creek Ward (no picture). 


 
























The sad part is that although I have snowmen in my house there is no snow outside!!! We had a beautiful display of Mother Nature's dusting of the trees on Nov 13th and none since.

 


So!!! It may not be a White Christmas after all. I'll be having Christmas dinner on Dec 23rd up here with Maria's family and then be alone for Christmas Eve and Day!!

 My choice...I was invited to Utah with James and Camber's family, to Michigan with Maria and Mark's family, and to El Cajon with the Pulsiphers but I just did not want to travel yet so I am hoping to be snowed in as compensation!!!

 I will be heading for Southern California and visiting the Pulsiphers before New Years and hope to get some pictures of the new great grand daughter Kate before heading over to Rancho Santa Fe to the Hardy children. January will be a no snow month also!! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far