Monday, December 25, 2006

Jean Martin's Quilts

While at Jean and Ron's we asked Jean to do a Trunk Show for us of her beautiful hand and machine stitiched quilts. This hexagon quilt is all hand sewn, hand pieced, handquilted. It won the blue ribbon at the Fair. She started it in 1998 and finished it about five years later--course she keeps several quilts going at one time. Look at those colors and how perfect it is. Jean is an expert piece and hand quilter and they are all beautiful. The squares are supposed to be lopsided on this wall hanging--looks hard to do! This is the 4th of July Quilt--gets displayed on the couch for the 4th. This is a quilt made from scraps but look how lovely it is... What patience and skill it takes to be a quilter. When I moved up in 1999 I started one but I don't know if I will ever get it finished...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far