Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Ken, My Best Friend in Sacramento

Ken, my GPS Australian guide, has become the most important man in my life. Two days in a row as I have driven to work I have become lost. How can this happen when I have ridden the same route about 90 days in a row? I have been driving my own car as I had things to do after work and it is simpler but each day the traffic has been backed up and so I have taken an earlier turn thinking I knew the way. NOT! When I realize I am lost I pull out Ken and he directs me with u turns and such and I have to trust him completely as I have no idea where the roads go he is taking me on. It doesn't help that I have a hard time reading the signs. Must be an analogy there somewhere... Remember it is dark at 6:30 in the morning.
As it happened for a second time today (and Yes, I have been late for work) I thought again of Maria and her comparing the GPS to the Lord getting us out of our self-imposed jams in life. And how important that trust is as our life takes unexpected turns and takes us on unknown roads that all lead us to our intended destination if we can just trust and follow directions. Follow the Leaders, follow the scriptures, how hard that is to do sometimes, we think we know better...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far