Friday, August 18, 2017

Happy Birthday to John! His Grandchildren Visit!!!

http://johnhardymemoir.blogspot.com/

We called him Johnny during his baby years and such an interesting child he was.  It was such a struggle to get him into the world and he left so easily, so young at 43.  He would be 57 today.  How quickly time passes, but he would not be wasting his time away the way I am.  He always had such a passion for life, he lived a full life in his short years I am glad for that but he never got to meet his grandchildren.

Meagan and Matt brought their three children, Keira, Eden and Nico, to visit this week and I enjoyed having them so much.  So much noise and activity compared to my quiet life.

The first day their Mommy help them build teepees out of the wood pile that is never ending here!!!!! In the afternoon they went to the beach for building sand castles and took fifth place in the contest I think Keira said and then in the evening back down to the beach around the new fire pit for smores!!!



 On Monday evening when we ate at the picnic table I put a cloth on the table and I thought it was cute that Eden came running up and said, "Beautiful!!!"  She then found the potted flower I had had on the table and brought it over to finish "the look".

 On Tuesday they were able to take advantage of the swimming lessons and since there were few participating this week Keira only had two in her class, which was fun,  and Nico and Eden had private lessons with Mommy and Daddy participating.

They also took their bicycles to the west side of the lake to see what that was like...and at night they watched a movie while Mom and  Dad had a rare night out.


On Wednesday they took out a boat and left Nico home where he slept a long time in the quiet house but was a little bewildered when he woke up and found only Great Grandma and Sadie with him.




 Keira and Eden get to drive!!!  Reminds me of when Richard used to love to take everyone out on the big boat at Big Bear in the afternoons when we were there.  That lake was cold and windy in the summer though not like the "Mediterranean like" Lake Almanor is.  No swimmer's itch this summer and lots of water, so good summer to visit.








 Also on Wednesday they made handprints except Nico made a footprint and the next morning they took a lot of time painting them.  I was amazed how patiently they sat and painted so carefully.  Thanks to their Mommy of course for all the prep work!!!




They seemed to have lots of fun playing in the big back yard with all its dirt paths and such and I am sure the neighbors have never heard so much noise coming from my house.  No complaints though and they even kept their dogs inside most of the time.

 Just before the Masseys left on Thursday morning we took pictures...




And here I am alone again working on the puzzle they brought me...


I found a better place to put their creations, they really look cute on the deck wall.




No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far