Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hamilton!!

To celebrate my birthday, Linda had bought tickets to "Hamilton" which was at the San Diego Civic Theater.  Craig was able to snare the great seats down in the Orchestra Section in the fall in Los Angeles the day before they went on sale to the general public.

It was magnificent. I had first become aware of Hamilton a couple years ago and have the music on my phone and had read both the Alexander Hamilton book by Ron Chernow in 2004 and the book by Lin Manuel Miranda of how it was all put together, I watched the performance that was given in the White House of the very first song written  and then more of the performance on You Tube. It had it's premiere on Broadway January 20, 2015.  It took years for them to write the music and get the whole show together.  This was an excellent performance.  I thought I would have a hard time understanding all the words but I could hear perfectly.



We had a delicious birthday lunch at California Pizza at La Jolla Village and met Maria there.  It was a great day from 11:30 AM until dropoff about 6 at night.  The show was from 2 till almost 5 PM!!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far