Friday, August 10, 2018

Pictures from David's Book of Remembrance around 1938-1940


These are pictures I do not remember seeing before.  This would have been Easter at the white house on the South Side of Glendive and I would have been in First Grade.  Those look like small Easter baskets by today's standards!  Mother used to tie our hair in white rags to make them curl.  Those are huge buttons on our coats.


It is winter and we are wearing anklets which is interesting.  I have on a different coat and David just has on a sweater.  This is also on the South Side and I was probably only five because Carole has evidently not been born yet and we have our Christmas dolls.


This is also with Christmas dolls and would have been in Second Grade because we have moved to the big house on the Heights.  Carole is just past a year old.  She was born the November before I turned six in January.  I can't think who that man would be.  It must be winter but no coats except for Carole.




No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far