Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Julia's Visit and Catching Up with the Scott Hardy's

Richard's niece Julia Hardy Nielsen and her husband came to visit me the week before Christmas and invited me for Christmas dinner and then I got sick and was not able to go.

But I have enjoyed her two visits so much and have learned so much of what happened to their family after Richard died and I lost touch.

They will be retiring to St George in a couple years.

Jenny's husband is retired but they live here in Orem and she is doing real estate!!!

Matt and his family will be moving to Mapleton in a couple years.  He said they will be coming again in March and will visit me.

I read Alan's Stories from His Life and was so impressed by his life and family stories.  He said they would visit me when they come up to visit their children soon.

Lory died of cancer last year when she was 66.  So saddened to hear about that.  
She was not aware until it was way too late to do much.  They had a home here and the ranch near Brianhead.  Julia said they had a huge family reunion at the ranch before Lory knew she was sick and everyone was there!!!

Becky gave a brief history of Vida and Merlin at the Earl Family Zoom meeting and that was excellent.  She has had an excellent career.

Merlin has done extremely well in building homes and complexes in Las Vegas!!!

So they all have done well financially.  She said none of them wanted to be poor again as they were after their Dad died when he and Miriam had only been married for 9 years!!!

Miriam went on after Scott died and got her degrees in music and teaching and taught music and home economics in the Las Vegas schools.  She kept all their propety in her name and gave it all to the children quite fairly.  They sold everything I believe.

Miriam did an excellent job of raising her family.  I remember she told me she only had two rules for her family...1-they go to church every Sunday and 2-They say their prayers every day.  It must have worked because they all have success and lovely families.  So fun to hear about them all.

Oh, and Julia brought the most wonderful Mint Truffles.  They are called Utah Mint Truffles and she buys them at Costco.  So good!!!



 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far