Wednesday, November 23, 2022

New Doctor, Scripps in Carlsbad, Daily Current Meds

 Dr Michael Pham, DO at the Scripps Health Clinic at 2176 Salk Ave in Carlsbad is my new Primary Doctor and Internist.  I thought I wanted to switch back to United Health Care instead of Scan which I am in now because there seemed to be more benefits but after our appointment I do not want to switch.

He is very knowledgeable and caring and I want to stay with him.  He says no more surgeries for me but he wants to help me stay healthy and doing well.  He is sending me to a Physical Therapist to help me lose this pain in my thighs.  It does stem from the back and they did an xray of the lower back and it shows a lot of deterioration.

I had calcium scraped from certain discs in 2011 and it took the pain away but I do not want anymore surgery and neither does he, so see how this goes at Coastal Pain, especially for this type of thing.

I told Linda it takes me a long time in the morning because of all I have to do to my body to have a good day breathing well and not itching.  Since 2015 I have been treated for the skin itching, dermatitis, eczema, rosacea etc and have a fairly itch free life if I do it all.  So for Linda and anyone else caring for me when my mind goes, here is my morning routine.

1. Shower only with products free from certain chemicals and such.  I use Aveeno Body Wash.  (Also wash my clothes in the free and gentle detergent.

2. Use the scrub brush on arms and legs to keep dry flakiness away.  Wash the face with this prescription dandruff shampoo.

3.  If washing hair, use Aveeno or another chemical free shampoo.*  Kenra Mousse and then blow dry.

4. *15 minutes later put Metronidazole (prescription) on the face and 5 min after that you can use Aveeno moisturizer and collagen and makeup on the face (Este Lauder does not make my face itch).  The Neosporin is used on my belly button which sometimes gets red and itchy from heat from all the Ceasarean flab left around it.  And the Tri....Acetonide cream (prescription) is used on a growth on my right ab and the back of my right leg when they grow and get irritable. Can also be used on flair ups of eczema on the neck.  And Aquaphor or Cerave for the itch and healing.

5. The red jar or Cerave which is anti itch cream is used on my arms and legs to prevent itching during the day.  Use deodorant under arms.  Any non cancerous spots can be healed by aquaphor or the Tri...ace.


6. AM meds and supplements

spirits and mood
statin drug

1 each day

for allergies

fiber for regularity


 

for overactive bladder

spray in nostrils and blow nose completely so do not get stuffed nose during day.

7. V8 peach mango energy drink early

9. Later make a protein smoothie with pineapple to keep throat clear from phlegm, triple berries, SO Coconut milk yogurt, scoop of protein, large spoonful peanut butter, spinach or 1/2 banana, chia seeds, not flax, cranberry juice (no sugar) with same amount of water (dilutes juice).  I try to stay dairy free because of the eczema, etc.

10. At night, use 1 oxybutynin again, a multi vitamin, biotin, and benadryl and lastly spray nostrils with flonase or generic flonase.  Use makeup off sheet on face and then night time cream and collagen.

20 mg for blood pressure

11.  Make sure a pad is worn day and night with a bikini panty under garments and change if soiled during day etc.  A larger one can be used at night.

12. I find this eye therapy is the best for me.  My eyes do not get as dry in California  as they did in Utah so I seldom need it.


13.  Be aware that since the surgery in 2018 of the tumor on my tail and part of my sphincter was cut away so that wastes can escape and nestle in my upper bum...how gross but those are the facts.  Old age is not for sissies!!!!! 

Large plastic bin with green lid has extra meds in it and shoe box has current meds using and flonase stands by med box.  Here is to a long happy old age or a short happy one, whatever.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far