Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's A Small World

When Lea was born about 7 1/2 years ago Camber chose the name of her mother Mary's best friend from college days in Utah, Leah (but spelled it differently). She had said she really admired Leah and loved the name. I had mentioned at the time that my first baby sitter with Baby John in Pacific Beach was a Leah and she was a really special girl, beautiful and smart.
This last year when Camber was looking for a cleaning lady her mother Mary suggested she talk to Leah's brother Tracy in San Marcos as he knew some ladies who hired out. In their conversation Camber mentioned her mother-in-law and Tracy was incredulous. "Janet is your husband's mother? You are married to that Jimmy. I know Janet, we lived near them in Pacific Beach. I even babysat Jimmy!" She gave Tracy my phone number and he immediately called me and we talked over the 60's, when we lived in Pacific Beach, and where we had been since that time.
Thus we found that the Leah from college days of Grandma Mary and the Leah from babysitting days of Grandma Janet was one and the same person! It is a very small world, indeed, and Lea has a beautiful name, named after a very beautiful lady.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far