Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Love for Sweatshirts!


A few years ago, when I began traveling so much with the government, I starting buying a sweat shirt at places I visited. Then, family members also began buying me sweatshirts at places they visited and I can now wear a different sweatshirt each day of the month and still not wear them all. I love sweatshirts and though a good many are red or blue I really like my yellow one, my two coral ones, my Bear Hug beige, Hawaiian beige, four white ones, three black ones, purple etc. as well. Since I live in sweat shirt country most of the year and also need beach sweat shirts when traveling south to San Diego they all get lots of use.
Some of the places represented in my collection are Billy-Bobs, Fort Worth, TX; Galveston Island, TX; Coronado, Ca; San Diego, Ca; San Diego Zoo; Lake Tahoe, CA; Lake Almanor, CA (2); Maui; Old Navy (San Diego); Oxford; Yale; Lassen College; BYU; BYU Alumni; Makoshika, Glendive, MT; Silvergate, MT; Yellowstone; Rain Forest Cafe, Denver, CO; Annapolis, MD; Crossing the Chesapeake, MD; Virgin Islands; Los Cabos; New York City; Park City, UT; Okika, HA; Charleston, West VA; Venice, Italy; Vince Buzz (John's trademark); Harrods, London; and UC Davis. Also T Shirts from Guam, Dawson County High School, Greece, Silversea Cruise Line, Parrot Cafe and Pulsifer Ortho which I use at the Gym in the summer.
When Richard passed away each of the grandchildren were given at least one thing from him. However, he was not a collector so there was not a lot to go around besides his ski paraphernalia and his books. With all my collections of Dolls, Paper Dolls, CDs, Videos, DVDs, Sweatshirts, Memory Books, Family Portraits, Scrapbooks and Quilts I am sure a lot of my things will end up in the dump. Ce La Vie!

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

That is funny - Dad was a collector, too. I am the opposite of that, I don't want to accumulate anything. I do want nice stuff if it is useful but I hate clutter and things that sit around and take up space. :) That sounds terrible, but I like open space!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far