Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Carnival!

What a nice end to a two month hiatus at the Pulsipher home. Jimmy had told us cruises were cheap right now so Meagan and I sailed on the Carnival Elation on March 19th to the 22nd. It was very restful and a great way to catch up after a long year. The last time I saw Meagan she was busy getting married so I especially enjoyed this time together.

The food was plentiful and available 24 hours a day--not quite on par with the Italian luxury liner on the Mediterranean with James, but still good. The first night we were so tired we couldn't stay up for the comedian's chatter at 11:30 pm but we enjoyed meeting our dining partners. A Father and Son bonding from Arizona and California, A Mother and Daughter bonding from Arizona (they were beautiful) and two women from USB In Salt Lake City. All friendly and talkative, especially the guys.

There were a lot of singles on board--Spring Break! So they were fun to watch.

In Ensenada we didn't take a tour but walked the town and bought fruitsicles and churros and I found a great sunhat for gardening in. The highlight of the trip was the 'Las Vegas type' musical and dancing shows the last two nights. Beautiful young girls with great legs and costumes--good singers, choreography and scenery. Very well done.

Since Meagan is getting ready to leave again on Wednesday I especially appreciated her taking the time to be with me. She is very patient with her Grandma. Luckily I didn't embarrass her too much with any falls or other stuff I sometimes do. We paid extra to have an ocean view and were glad we did!!

The beds were very comfy and we were given lots of attention by Elio--but they do not have hair dryers in the room. We had to ask for one...

I didn't take many pictures so will have to wait for Meagan to publish hers. A great trip and I recommend it highly to everyone--it is even cheaper now.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far