Saturday, June 27, 2009

'June Babies are Nice Babies'

For years I used to say 'June Babies are Nice Babies' and we often had a June Beach Bash to celebrate the birthdays. Where did the saying come from? 1--We had two babies born in June, and both had very easy going, pleasant temperaments and my brother David is a June baby, also with a very easy going, pleasant temperament. Then my loan assistant Connie, who came to work for me for 12 years, was also a June baby with an easy going, pleasant temperament, as was Meagan's mother Jennifer and then James' wife Camber. It just seemed right to say with all those nice family members born in June that--'June babies are nice babies'.
My sister Carole just told me her sons David and Eric and two grandchildren Amber and Darien also have birthdays in June. Plus my nephew Roddy and his son Conrad, Cheri's husband Jeff and son Tanner and Sheree Thayne and her daughter Rachel. Wow, we have a lot of June babies in the family!
Of course, everyone knows that James was the bonus baby. After a traumatic emergency cesarean section birth with John the doctors had said: 'No more than three births, because of the type of cesarean.' But Linda came naturally--(because she came too soon, and with the doctor not having time to do a cesarean) so the doctor said: 'We will see next time, maybe another natural birth.' But then Maria did a breech and they had to go cesarean again, so the doctor said: 'One more and that is it.' And we were blessed with our bonus, Jimmy. Two boys, two girls, just perfect.
Happy Birthday, James and Linda, you have both been a joy and a blessing to our families all your life. We have had 43 and 47 years of NICE! Here is my wish for your very happy birthday and many, many more. I love you both very much.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far