Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Downside

The downside. Sunday morning I woke up with such terrible pain on my left side leg and I was frightened. I lay there for a long time and when Linda came down I asked her to stay home with me, I didn't want to be alone and I was frightened.

She did stay home and got me settled with some lovely music to listen to and and made sure I had my pain pill and I told her I wanted another blessing. She said Gary and the home teacher would do it when they came back from church. In the meantime she had also called James and he said he and Jacob were coming over.

Finally I realized what the pain was. Remember I had been having left backside and side leg hurt so much when I came back from Sacramento and I realized this pain was the arthritis--the pain in my legs from the nerve pressure was gone but this is the arthritis I had been treating from carrying too heavy of bags. He had warned me this problem will not be solved  instantly by this operation as the pain in the legs but it would take longer as it had nothing to do with the pressure on the nerves. I had also read that but had forgotten. Anyway They had taken the antiinflammatory drugs away from me because of the possibility of bleeding and she said to wait a few days before I started it again. Well, that was the problem.

Linda called Gary and he said there was no reason I couldn't start taking that again by now. By the time James had arrived I was feeling much better and less frightened but I told him I needed a blessing of comfort and alleviating this fear I had. Gary wasn't home yet so Kelly asked if Matt (her fiance) could do the anointing. Gary walked in just as they were to start and Matt backed away but I asked him to do the anointing anyway. Kelly just beemed. James gave me the most beautiful blessing I think I have ever had. Really strengthened me and made me feel loved. He's a keeper.

My leg is miraculously much better and I feel ok again. Though I do think I was up too much yesterday.

Linda didn't mind staying home. She has had such a hard week. She's a keeper,too. and now I am going to take another nap. They are giving me a free phone, it is in the mail! Took a little persuasion.

Note: On Tuesday I called the Nurse Carrie--Asst to Dr. Thorne.  She said the nurse upstairs should not have told me to stop taking the ibprofen, "another person said she had told her the same thing".  She said the ibprofen actually helped more than the pain pill for the leg aches.  She said, "I better tell those nurses up there."  I think so.  Fridays and weekends are not a good time to be at any hospital I have decided.  It is all the "extra weekend" help.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far