Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Something to Remember

I have realized yet again that people do not really want to have personal information emailed to them.  They are happy to send an impersonal 'joke' or 'Get Well Soon' but please, not too much information. 

So I have lots of time on my hands and write a few emails to friends about what is going on in my life.  What do I get back?  One liners or nothing!  People do not want too much informtion, it is a burden I think that they might have to do something about.  We all stay a 'distance' friendship.  I wish I could find the article I just read about Facebook, that emphasizes that very thing.  Email is the same way.

We are all supposed 'share each other burdens'.  In reality, do we?  From my experience, I don't think so.  We are a "don't get involved" generation.

It would be lovely if people wanted to call and entertain me with a little conversation.  I will have to remember to do that for someone else when they are recuperating...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far