Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cho Chos and Tummy Ache!

For two weeks I have had a kind of earache, jaw ache, head ache kind of thing but have put off going to the Dr.  I am afraid it might be a tooth but I keep hoping it will just go away.

Now I have made a pig of myself on Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Mix and have a tummy ache. 

I had decided to be prepared when the ice cream maker I ordered came, so I researched recipes for chocolate malted ice cream and finally bought the ingredinets and kept adjusting the recipe till it tasted just like the Cho Cho pushups from my childhood.

However, the ice cream maker still did not come but I would keep going into the refrigerator and pouring some of it in a cup, like a milk shake, so good.

Tonight I finally looked up my order and it said it will not be here until the 5th!!  I decided I better put the mix into the freezer in the meantime.  Then as it froze up around the sides and bottom I would go get spoonfuls of it.  I can't believe how delicious it is and I just kept eating and eating until I have the worst tummy ache I can remember.

I then decided to look up Cho Chos just to see if anyone is still making them.  I didn't find that but I did find on Diana's Desserts a thread that has been going on since 2002 of other peoople who loved the Cho Chos of their childhood and would like to find them again or at least a recipe for them.

Cho Chos were push ups with chocolate malted ice cream inside--like Wendys Frosties, only smoother, not so grainy, more solid and with the chocolate malt taste.  I found them once in the 70's in the Santa Monica Temple when we ate there.  I was so thrilled, everyone thought I was crazy.  Now, I know there were a lot of us crazy all over the midwest for the Cho Chos.   But now I know how to get that taste and I will have the Chocolate Malt of my childhood any time I want!!!   Oh, woe is me.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far