Thursday, June 09, 2011

Diversity in Life

Today was one of those days when I rejoiced in all the different kind of activities you can enjoy when you are retired!

I slept in after reading till 4 AM.
I finished my book as soon as I woke up.
I didn't wash my hair and get dressed until after 1 pm.
I cleaned branches off my lot.
I listened to Big Band music from the 40's and 50's and danced in my sox.
I did my laundry.
I shopped and enjoyed the delicious fruits available right now.
I watched "Anne of Green Gables--really enjoying the series on the BYU Channel.
I watched the 5th game of the NBA Finals and screamed and cheered.  Mavericks won!
I planted some petunias in pots.
I communicated by email and facebook.
I blogged
I watched "Blue Bloods"--good, new TV show.
I ordered Roku on the internet.
I changed addresses on some of my mailings.
I ate spaghetti three times today and still didn't finish it!!
I ate peaches and raspberries and cream.
I ate chips and sour cream.
I studied my lesson for Sunday.
I took a walk with Bandido.
I chatted with Michael.
I talked by telephone to a daughter.
And I did not make time for my back exercises...again!

In other words, I did nothing vitally important but just what I felt like all day long...
just a simple life, filling my hours.   And finally, SUMMER IS HERE!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far