Friday, September 30, 2011

Tips for Janet for Spring

Next spring I want to remember what I did:
Front yard I lifted the iris on the right front as you look from the street--the left I did not touch but I gave them all bone meal.  Which ones bloomed if any?
I put bone meal in the daffodils and Laurie's garden--did it do any good?  Need some shade plants to put in Laurie's garden that the deer won't eat and need to keep deer spray on it.  Almost out of deer spray, buy some more before spring.

I lifted the iris on the hill and gave all of them bone meal as well as bone meal to the iris in the lower garden .  I planted a cedar three where the other tree I planted died.   Will it grow? I put fertilizer pellets in all the trees but one nearest the hill of plants.  Will be interesting to see if it grows less than the others.

I planted daffodils in front by the sign, in front of the stump and by the bird house.  The ground was so hard and root filled by the birdhouse.  I also planted them by the birdhouse closest to Laurie's garden.  I didn't plant them too deep and I used amend but not under them.  If they do not do well, I need to dig them up and plant them somewhere else.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far