Sunday, October 22, 2000

Geiranger to Sognefjord-Day 13


Actually this was a picture from the day before but more views like it as this is a day of driving and looking at the views.  We saw a lot of falls which I didn't pictures of for some reason but very beautiful.
The striking contrasts between the fjord and alpine peaks and between fertile field and snow and ice are characteristic of the Tafjordfjella mountains.
 
We stopped to view the Boyabreen glacier and I bought a card to show that the glacier has been shrinking every year.  Somewhere along here the Tour Director had a snack and a taste of Skol for everyone!



We finally reach the beauty of the Sognefjord Hotel.  We visited the Leikanger Church here and I think this is the place Denice and I went down to listen to some music being played in the bar that evening.
 

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far