Monday, May 13, 2013

A Good Day

Today I really enjoyed talking on Skype with Meagan and Keira.  Why don't we do this more often?

It was a beautiful day in the 80's I think.  The yard looks so pretty as I picked up the branches blown down last week.

I also watched two really good movies.  Cried through most of "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn".  I feel like I looked so much like the little girl, I really related to her.  How many times have I seen this movie?  Many.  So relate to the story of the hardworking wife who appears so "hard" and the failure father who is loved by so many.  Much to think about in this movie.

"Above and Beyond" is the story of Paul Tibbetts, who flew the B-29 that dropped the first atom bomb on Hiroshima.  It is an excellent movie as it presents how much had to be done to get to that place in history and how much responsibility was on him--a man alone.  I was sad to hear that he and his wife divorced two years after the movie was made and about 9 years after the bombing.



No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far