Friday, May 03, 2013

Update on Sadie


Sadie is going to be a bigger dog than we thought.  She is already 12 lbs.  And she has this wirehair which is a trait of only certain kinds of dogs.  According to what I read she should have her hair hand stripped about four times a year!!!!  I have watched a video of it, I have tried it, not easy.  So what happens if it is never done???  I would like to find out how to make her hair shine more.  Guess it is all about diet!

She loves to run and she loves to find little branches to chew on and she just ruined my new glasses by chewing on the lens and the stems.   I think the count is now up to three things she has ruined, besides the glasses, there was my ear plugs and some sandals!

Our favorite activity together besides walking?--watching TCM movies in the afternoon under the fur throw--she can sleep in my lap (she loves to sleep on the fur throw) while I stay put for awhile and pet her.

So which one of these  breeds did she inherit her wire hair from?????  Some kind of Terrier or Schnauzer?  Certainly not from a Beagle, Chihuahua, or Springer Spaniel as has been mentioned as possible parents.
  • Airedale Terrier
  • Australian Terrier
  • Border Terrier
  • Brussels Griffon
  • Cairn Terrier
  • Dandie Dinmont Terrier
  • Dachshund Wire-haired
  • Irish Terrier
  • Lakeland Terrier
  • Norfolk Terrier
  • Otterhound
  • Parson Russell Terrier
  • Scottish Terrier
  • Sealyham Terrier
  • Schnauzer
  • Welsh Terrier
  • West Highland White Terrier
  • Wire Fox terrier

  • So, she remains a mystery.  Matt said for $50 you can get the DNA of your dog and find out exactly what their ancestry is--that would be interesting.

    No comments:

    John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

    My Life So Far