Saturday, November 30, 2013

Two for Thanksgiving 2013


I am so glad Melissa garnered a ride from Chico with a Westwood couple.  We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and then went to Susanville to see "Delivery Man".  It was a fun, upbeat movie.

This year I did something different with my turkey.  I made a paste of bacon, butter and herbs and put it underneath the skin.  I think the breast was especially juicy.  It took longer to bake though.

Melissa brought the pumpkin pie and I provided the rest.  Instead of the cranberry salad I did the pistachio with the addition of pecans, mandarin oranges and red grapes.  Very tasty that way.

I also made a gluten free stuffing by using my gluten free homebaked bread.  Melissa liked it as well as I did!  Anyway we had lots of left overs, that is a good thing and Sadie loved having turkey instead of canned dog food!

I also made the Paeo de Quiejo which is Cheese Bread made from Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese and Tapioca Flour--supposedly like they eat in Brazil and Craig concurred with that.  It is delicious and I found is good for sandwiches, too.

Great Thanksgiving...thanks for coming, Melissa.
 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far