Thursday, January 30, 2014

Happy Birthday Cupcakes


Wow, I have not been feeling well. Last week I stayed at James and Camber's house while they were gone and little Jimmy was sick with a fever, headache, etc.  By Thursday when I came home I had the same thing but I am finally over it!!!  I also decided I can't handle being a nanny anymore--my feet and legs get too tired especially in such a big house.  I enjoyed the children though, all so very sweet and helpful,  but didn't see too much of Lea and Jacob.  Since I will not drive them to their schools anymore, they find alternative housing when rides are needed.  The first two days Kelsi and I were there alone and we spent most of the time watching "Hannah Montana" on Netflix.  At the end of the second day, Kelsi said, "This has been the best two days of my life, just watching TV."  Sometimes we need days like that.



While I was there Meagan and Keira came over with gluten free cupcakes and presents on my birthday. Keira didn't miss a beat, when her mother told her to give me the presents she handed one to me and said, "This one is for you and this one is for me."  Her mother had to remind her that, "No, both of the presents are for Grandma."  She found a couple of fishing poles on the deck though and they were more fun than any old present anyway.


Meagan used the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Mix and they were really good--I will have to stock up on that before I go home. Meagan added to my Paper Doll collection with Beyonce (who I really admire by the way) so that was fun.  So surprised paper dolls are still being made!!!  I also received a darling note pad with my name on it--and I really need to make lists now, so very apropos!  Gorgeus day on the deck.


Camber has some great sofa table books and Keira enjoyed one before she left.  It was a fun birthday party.  Can hardly wait till the end of February when Keira will have a new sister!


Sadie and Bear also enjoyed a sleep on the deck on my birthday.  It was a beautiful sunny California day!


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far