Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Summertime!

It is really enjoyable to sit out on my deck and enjoy the peace and quiet, plus we have had lots of rain so everything is looking very green and happy.
 

Maryanne and I went to Martin's Nursery (a Mennonite group) and got the must lush plants I have every seen.  After three years without geraniums, this is a gorgeous geranium year and they were 5 for $20!!! I love them.

 
I now have a special Granny's Corner where I can glide into old age.  I love it.  It was a nightmare putting the glider together but I did it all myself!!!

 
I did have to call for help from my neighbor when I put the umbrella on the picnic table, though.  I do not have enough muscle and I got it half way and dangerously not completed.  He did it quite easily, though I hated to ask him, what can I do when there is no muscle around?
 
 
The geraniums on the front deck are red and they are peach on the back deck though it is hard to tell by these pictures.



 
An amazing thing to see is my giant Columbine in the front planter--usually nothing will grow there and it is strutting it's stuff.  Unfortunately the deer love them and I wake every morning with fear it has been gobbled up.
 
 
Ah, summertime, I love it.  I strained my back weeding though so have decided to "rest" and watch some of the Classics on Hula Plus.  I saw 'Becket' yesterday and today 'Taming of the Shrew'.  I have never really gotten Shakespeare but it is about time I tried again.  I didn't mean to order Hula Plus but guess I will try and watch all the Classics I want to see before canceling it.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far