Sunday, December 12, 2021

First Time Late?

Jeanne and I have been listening to Church on Zoom but decided to go to regular meeting today.  She said she was dressed and ready and would go down to the shuttle to be there at 10:15.  I said I would try and make it but I had fallen asleep and it was after nine when I woke up.

I did get there just in time for the shuttle but Lee told me it was full so I got a ride over with another lady who was taking her car.  I waited for the bus to unload at the church, until the end, and then found out that Jeanne was not aboard.

I rode back with Lee and found Jeanne upstairs all ready to go.  She said she had had to go to the bathroom just before leaving and by the time she got finished it was too late to catch the shuttle.  I said, "We may as well go as we were all ready", so I took her down to where my car was parked.  It was quite late by then but as the car was covered with snow, that took more time to clean it off.

By the time we got in the foyer the sacrament was being passed but the bread had already been offered so we didn't get to do the sacrament.  So by the time we got in there, it was 5 to 11...25 minutes late.

Jeanne said, "First time for everything!"  So she had never been late to church before?  Probably.





No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far