Monday, March 27, 2023

It Is a Good Day!!!

I met my new Primary Doctor on March 14th and what a dynamo!!!  In two days she had all tests I needed, additional appointments needed with any and all doctors ordered. 

I am working with a dermatologist on eczema etc.  Having mohl surgery on hand scheduled, addressed all other itching problems.

Have medication for edema she saw immediately and medicine caused additional itching on lower legs but all well and have lost at least 10 lbs or more.

Have appointment with opthomologist so will be getting new glasses and hopefully help on the Fuchs Dystrophy.

Have the new lower dentures and will work with them and eventually have a permanent set that I will actually be able to chew only end of year.  Some sensitivity issues but working on them.

Had chest exrays because of edema and no pneumonia type stuff but need to get all fluid out.  There has been additional heart enlargement, etc.  Working on this.

Blood tests came back and have a few high numbers on creatine and urea but liver does not look too bad and phosphorous and calcium are under control.  Have new info to work with to keep balanced and prevent more damage.  All other numbers look good.  Cholesterol lowest in 60 years since began monitoring.

Have not experience anymore shortness of breath, no aching in legs.  I got very stiff and sore when I was energetically doing over an above on collage, puzzles, sorting of records, pictures etc.  But it is all done and I am feeling great.

I think my hormones are balanced for the first time in ages and without the patch, etc.  Living here and eating the right foods has made a big difference in my life.  What we eat is what it is all about...stay away from processed and fast food, eat clean.  Listen to my body and what it can tolerate.  With all my allergies and etc. it has been a learning process since Hurricane Katrina ruined my digestive system but I have always had allergies and such.  My skin is better than every, wish I had this skin in my teen age years. 

Yes, I do get tired but I take a nap!!!  I was having night sweats and found it was the throw I was wrapping myself in to stay warm.  All well, there.

Anyway after the Echo results come back I am sure we will discuss more but I am thrilled to be working with such a competent doctor.  She is East Indian as is Dr. Serry.  Only 37, 1 and 4 yr old, only here 6 months, hating living in Palm Springs, love it here.  She is a Family doctor, not internist but very sharp and aggressive.  Her husband also works at same clinic I think.

I can't see my new cardiologist till May 23 when it will be 3 yrs since Dr. Grey, I am hoping to have no more to do with him or Stinnis, we will see!!!

Because of all the changes to my eating and etc for many different reasons I am no dairy, no gluten, drink almond milk and use coconut yogurt and ice creams, etc. Ckd changed some eating, no chewing teeth changed some.  The lisinopril has blood pressure under control and rosuvastatin doing it's job.  

I need to work on my specific exercise and walking but I am very active and energetic doing things inside!!!  Last night I was even dancing, hope that will be a part of my life again.  My weight stays under 130-135.  

I take care of all monetary, etc and health care issues and appointments etc,  Linda drives me to Dr Appts and see I have shopping needs, etc.  So much I can order from Amazon, I try to be quite self- sufficient.

Dr. Nathwani is going to be a great doctor to work with, so happy I was inspired to call and change  Scripps offices.  Linda and James both go to same Scripps Clinic and have same cardiologist. 



No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far