Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bandido Comes Home!

On the way home from Rancho Santa Fe I stopped in Aliso Viejo to pick up my dog Bandido. My sister Jeanne had come to attend the wedding of her granddaughter Molly and had brought Bandido to me. He had been in Orem, Utah with her for eight months!! He sniffed my blouse and me several times and gave me His Look and then he turns his face away as if to say--"You left me!" and I actually wasn't sure he would go with me--he looked quite content sitting by Jeanne. But when I was ready to go, so was he. As Jeanne said goodbye to him in the car, he watched her for a long time and then the house to see if she was coming back and then finally settled down and was ready to go home. As we rounded the corner to go up the hill to Lake Almanor Country Club some hundreds of miles later and passed the turn to Marjorie and her dog Britzi's house he got really excited and began yowling--and then when we got inside our house and he saw his backyard he was scratching at the door and anxious to go outside and begin exploring. He was home! And I was happy about that! Bandido looks very trim with his new shorter ears and chin hair look. Jeanne did a great job caring for him while I was off to Hurricane Katrina and Rita, for which I am very thankful.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far