Thursday, May 25, 2006

Living with the Critters

Living with the critters around here is very interesting. I put a garbage bag on my upper deck last night (nine steps up) and this morning saw a mess of garbage all over the steps with raccoon tracks (I think) all over the deck and steps. What I discovered was they don't like lettuce but anything else is evidently very yummy and they don't mind climbing stairs. There went the bulbs I had just planted. Squirrels I would guess had a tasty meal last night after digging at least six of them up. They don't like daffodils but everything else is evidently delicious! At least I deterred one little deer who was eating this Flowering Plum tree--he didn't get a snack last night after I caged the tree! All month I have been working on the yard. Maria and I had gotten many trees and bushes for $3 a piece from Honey Lake Conservation so with Michaels help I have been planting and caging and hoping I will have time to get them established and a watering plan figured out before I need to leave again.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far