Saturday, June 03, 2006

Treasure Mountain

It was a beautiful day and Marjorie and I both needed a day away(she has been caring for her 98 year Mom this week and I have been glued to the computer learning a new program for creating a website) so we drove past Sierraville to Treasure Mountain and attended a Woman's Retreat we had been invited to. The scenery was gorgeous and the food delicious and we had fun "catching up" but decided it is probably too far to drive next year for the few hours we were there. Although we did discover two new Frosty places and lots of quaint shops to explore someday. There is Marjorie in the front row for the closing talk. A young gal named Wendy gave an excellent presentation on the "Language of Love". We both heard things that would have been good to follow when we had husbands... Oh, yes, this week the first butterfly I have seen this year visited my geranium. Just one of the small pleasures of gardening. Unfortunately when I arrived home from Treasure Mountain I saw that a deer had devoured one of my new birch trees. I didn't have the tree caged but had sprayed it regularly with Liquid Fence. So I guess this is one of the frustrations of gardening in the Country Club where the deer are so tame they make their own rules about what they will eat or not. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far