Saturday, June 24, 2006

Oh, Deer! and Wild Daisy time!

I wish I could have seen this. While I was at the dentist, a deer I presume, totally mangled the wire around the crabapple tree and broke off the large, floppy, juicy top. There wasn't so much as a twig left around so I assume he enjoyed it. So why am I planting these things... Mother Nature, on the other hand, grows smashing big daisies in hard, dry dirt on the side of my driveway, while I coax what little color I get in MY gardens with water and food and tender loving care. Don't get me wrong, I love the daisies Mother Nature lends me, though they are a little late this year, they are more profuse, taller and somehow decorated BOTH sides of my driveway--kinda cute, I think though some people look on them as weeds. I say, hey, green is good and with a flower on top, even better.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far