Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Daffodils Came Up!

The day before I left for Hurricane Katrina I hurriedly planted daffodils, though it was not nearly cool enough. Lo and behold they came up and announced that winter was over! This is the hammoock Bandido and I like to flop on after our daily walk. Unfortunately, there is a squirrel or two who are trying to destroy it by chewing on it and swinging on it--anyone know something I can spray on it to deter them and not us???? This is the view I see as I gaze up into the trees. It is very quiet and peaceful with just a few birds flitting about. I asked the furnace man why there were not more sail boats here. He said they had tried to have a Regatta here a few years back and there was just not enough wind. Of course, that is what I love, no wind. The lake is like glass right now. I am curious to know which of my perennials will come up this year, since I left on Sept 1 and there was still two months of watering left to do. But here is something strange that has turned up in both the front and back yards. Orange mushrooms, what are they???

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far