Thursday, January 24, 2008

3/4 of a Century!

Well, I made it through another birthday, the 75th, a big one! I actually celebrated it last Thursday, my last night tending Jacob, Lea, Jimmy and Kelsi. I made cupcakes earlier in the day, a good dinner, and I intended I would have each of them draw a card for me. However, there was the Lea mishap. She was at ballet, but where, I did not know and there was a problem as her "ride home driver" was out of town. So she was there knowing she didn't have a ride. And I was home, not knowing where she was. Luckily I reached Camber before she got on the plane in Salt Lake City and she alerted someone to pick her up.
However, she didn't get home till 7! At any rate, Jacob and Jimmy sang "Happy Birthday" to me and loved their cupcakes. And then Lea did the same. There were so many cupcakes I put the remaining ones in tupperware in the freezer.
The next morning when the boys were telling me "Goodbye", the big question Jimmy had was, "Are you going to take your cupcakes with you?" I assured them they would be in the freezer for them when they returned from school, so all was well. I could leave, but not the cupcakes...
Having a large family is always a plus on your birthday, you get a call from your brother David, sisters' Carole, Jeanne and Marilyn and children Linda, James, and Maria (well Maria forgot this year, thinking it was the 28th) but Camber had all the children sing "Happy Birthday" again on the phone and Maria gave me a blurb in her blog when she realized her mistake. All in all, a lovely birthday and my daughters are taking me to a Spa in Reno when Linda comes up next month, something to look forward to--I need a Spa treatment at 75!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far