Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow predicted until Monday--Yikes!

Bandido and I dressed up like eskimos and enjoyed the beautiful snow today. He didn't like it since the road wasn't cleared yet and he was getting a snow belly.
If you look closely you can see it is snowing quite heavily... This is my attempt at a photo op--about 20 feet from my door. Not bad... Where I laid my black glove is the top of my head and I am 5'4" so you can see the sides of the road are over 6 feet high now.
Marjorie learned how to measure the snow weight. We need a 4 inch diameter plastic pipe--put it down in the snow (on the roof) put a shovel under the bottom of the pipe and then put the pipe in a plastic bag and drop all the snow in it. Weigh the bag and times it by 11 and that will tell you how much weight you have per sq foot. Hmmm....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far