Thursday, December 10, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

I saw the lowest temperature on my deck and in my car that I have ever seen--5 degrees in car, 0 on deck.  Since I was driving in the daytime when it was warmer and looking on my deck in the morning, you can imagine how cold it was in the night!  Shades of Montana.  I grew up with cold weather but it is different when you are older.  What happened to those 40 degree winters I am used to up here????

For whatever reason, maybe the cold, maybe the need for company, maybe not wanting to carry any wood for awhile, or clear the snow, I have decided to head for San Diego from Park City and take a three month hiatus in sunny Southern California.  I will be staying at James and Camber's home in Rancho Santa Fe first and looking forward to spending quality time with Jacob, Lea, Jimmy and Kelsi.  I do not see my grandchildren enough!!!   The biggest problem is always what to take---I like to travel light but...that is so hard to predict what stuff you will want to have with you.

Second problem is what to do about the house--I may winterize this year, since I will be gone a little longer than usual (unless my family send me home early).  I will try and be on my best behavior but I don't know how I can get along without my recorder!  Maybe I will exercise more, hope so...hmmm

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far