Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas, Part 6, Pulsiphers, 2009

Puldipher Home in El Cajon






Around 11:30 A M Christmas Day the Pulsiphers all gathered for the traditional Omelet Party.  They are pretty awesome.  The Valkos and I joined them.  I didn't get many pictures though, unfortunately!

Eventually everyone began to gather in the living room and Amy had everyone playing a game of "What If"--lots of laughs.  It was really funny.

One of my favorite pictures, Melissa and I both look pretty and happy!!



I had seen Kate a week ago in Reno.  When she saw me, she said, "What are you doing in San Diego?"  She is only 3!  She is a thinker...


It was a very fun Christmas Day but on the way out to the car I had a very weird accident.  I was following Linda down the steep driveway when my foot caught in the gutter and I fell into Linda.  However, my head was held tight by her body while my body was falling and the result was my neck was bent severely back and it was the most painful thing I have ever felt.  I was afraid I had broken my neck.  (Greg, Camber's dad, called it 'buttlash'--apt name.)


The girls walked me slowly into the bedroom and I immediately asked for a blessing and ice as I was laid on the bed.  Gary and Frenchie gave me a blessing, which I appreciated so much, and Kristi tucked an icepack into my sweatshirt, close around my neck.  Matt gave me a 800 ibuprofen.  

Bummer, we were off to the movie and now I was going to miss it!!!  Finally, we took off for James' home and there Kelsi, Camber's sister, took over the nursing with ice on and ice off and more ibuprofen--by morning I was feeling fairly normal but my shoulders are still a little stiff.  I don't like this growing old business...  As they say "Old age is not for sissies!"

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far