Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Frustrations of Life

It seems ironic that I, who always appreciated having someone take care of me has had to take care of myself for 20 years now!  Still I don't mind reaching out for help when it is near. Fortunately most guys are very helpful.  The last few days have been frustrating to say the least.  I could not get in to see a doctor in Chester or Westwood.  The Walk In Clinics are closed!  There is only one doctor taking on new patients and all my doctors are gone!!!  What is going on?  I finally had to go to the Emergency Room in Susanville and it appears I am not the only one from my area to do so.  They asked if I was one of Dr. Ward's patients.  He has left. Tonya has left and Dr. Nielsen is now head of the Clinic in Susanville and Dr. Natali, my first and longest Dr, is in Westwood but not taking any new patients!!!

I was in the system though because of the tetanus shot Michael and I decided I needed and because Dr. Nielsen sent me there to get images of the arteries in my legs.  I got very good service and they referred me to Dr. Nielsen for follow up.  I really liked him as a Dr. so I think I will just ask if I can come back to him as my regular Dr, even if he is in Susanville.

Then today I spent about an hour trying to flush my toilet.  Finally I went across the street to see if Will had a snake.  He brought it over and tried.  No luck.  Then he tried the snake in the pipe under the house.  It was too short.  All this took about 3 hours and then he said we needed to go rent a roto router but we couldn't find any place to rent it.  So next stop is call a plumber.  I did not call the one who put in my water heater, too expensive.  But I found a nice little ad and called Womack (Brent) and they came immediately and cleaned it out in no time and told me to call Westwood Sanitation as I needed to get my septic pumped asap!!!

The problem is my septic is cement and it is buried so someone has to dig down to it first and that will cost $225...the two boys that came to my rescue today will also get $140 for their work and the pumping will cost $450.  There goes the money I had saved for taxes.

It seems I am a very poor home owner.  I should have been putting Ridex down my toilets.  After eating an early supper  at Burger Depot (they are closing for the winter tomorrow) with Marianne I went to Holiday and ran into my favorite fireman, who used to be my neighbor and was always so helpful..He said I should be doing the Ridex once a month and have my septic pumped every three to five years.  If I knew this I forgot...But he said if I am putting bleach in my laundry I am just wasting my money with the Ridex so I guess I stop putting bleach in my wash and just do the Ridex.  Everyone seems to know the man who has the only Sanitation company in town.  His name is Vince and he will tell me what I should be doing for sure!!!!  And what I have down wrong.

Poor Will cleaned out a lot of stinky glunk into a bucket and had to take it to his house to flush down.  He is worried about his heart.  He is on medicine that costs $1000 a month and waiting to get in to see his heart doctor.  He is very concerned though\ because sometimes his heart pumps so loud.  He is anxious to see the doctor and find out what is the problem and get on his way to Texas where he and his sister spend the winter and just have fun taking little excursions everywhere.  Will is 90 years old and should not be aggressively helping me with my problems but he is always so willing, I must not ask him anymore.  He will be leaving shortly so I will be on my own then for sure.

Oh, yes, when I was trying to get the toilet fixed I accidentally knocked over my pills and two days worth went in the toilet so now I probably won't get well!!!!!

Why is life so frustrating and running a home so darned expensive????

Aha, it is almost 5 AM and I have been up since 2--I can get so much done at this time when my mind is working and all is quiet.  So I found I had the septic inspected in '99 when I bought the house and in 2005 it was inspected and pumped and I do have the map of where it is for Westwood Sanitation.  I had Indian Septic do it in 2005, a lot cheaper!  So I missed having it done in 2010, so it is definitely overdue!!!!

I also vacuumed up all the debris from outside.  We have all the cone petals falling from the trees and the wind sends it to the porch and steps and with all the running in and out of the house yesterday it was all over my rugs.

Greg T brought back my big blower and he had put on a new plug and it works!!!!  Yea, I could get rid of all that stuff on my lot now if I want to...I wish I had bought a longer red cord, I should have gotten the 100 feet at least, bummer.

So, amazing how many guys have been in my life this week, helping me do all that needs to be done. Even the computer input at Banner Hospital was a guy.

And in my searching and cleaning out of my files I found I had my annual physical in April of this year so not due till April of 2017.  I am putting it here so I have it on record because I will forget.


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far