Monday, November 09, 2020

Health Update

  On Saturday, November 7, the following occurred. Health Update

James and Camber Hardy took me to lunch at Hunan Restaurant in Rancho Bernardo.  When dropping met off it was discovered I did not have the keys to my house and car which was kept on a long blue ribbon.  James’ car and my purse were searched thoroughly.  I had my emergency car keys and keys to Linda and Gary’s house but not the regular set of keys.  James and Camber went back to the restaurant and the owners searched but said they were not there.  James was able to open the kitchen window and Camber climbed through and opened the doors. I had used the keys to lock the front door when I left the house and Camber saw me drop them in my purse.  At the restaurant I took out my phone and somehow must have pulled the keys out and not noticed I left them on the bench or floor.  James called the restaurant again and I left them my name and phone number.  Sometime later the restaurant called and said they had found the keys and I retrieved them and James and Camber went on with their errand.

But the whole incident must have stressed me out.  It was a cool, rainy day and toward evening I began feeling chills and turned the furnace on, however it did not work so when I went to bed, I layered up in clothing and added more blankets to the bed.  However, I was having shortness of breath at that time which only had affected me occasionally heretofore and no matter how I situated myself I could not get comfortable or breathe well enough to sleep.  Several times in the night I had to get up and pee but it came so fast and so much I could not get there in time and even though wearing a pad, had to change my clothes at least three times, the urine appeared darker and I  knew I was not drinking enough water to account for all of that.  (I later read that in chronic heart failure in a shortness of breath attack the oxygen goes to the life sustaining organs and so the kidneys do not function well, I assume that is what was happening.)  My temperature was 100.8 at some point in time that night.  By morning I was able to breathe better and stayed in bed and slept all day except to get up and feed the dog and let him in and out.  It was not until 5 pm that I rose and had a protein drink and watched television for a while. I felt rested and bathroom breaks were normal.  Temperature was down to 99.4. I felt well.

Definitely feeling back to normal.



  

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far