Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Health Updates

I tried to get a new cardiologist at the Scripps Clinic in Rancho Bernardo.  Dr. Kim's receptionist said she was not seeing new patients but would check and she never called. I then called the other and the receptionist took all my information and said she would check and call me back.  She never called.   I reached out to my primary doctor at Scripps in La Jolla to see if she could help and explained my situation.  Her only response was to call cardiology.  By then I had realized that the closest emergency and urgent care hospital was 5 minutes away and the big hospital in Escondido only16 minutes away but they are under Palomar Health.

I then decided I should try and get a cardiologist in Palomar Health but if they were not accepting new patients I did not know what I would do.

I thought of calling someone in the ward to see if they had anyone who worked with Palomar Health and could help get in but I was also praying for who to call and as I was flipping through the web about Palomar Health I found the ad to call a number for help in getting referred to a doctor.  I called and she did and I was soon talking to the receptionist of Dr. Rod Serry at Arch Healthcare.  She listened very carefully and took down all my information and even my insurance.  Then she gave me an appointment for Monday, November 16 and asked me to get a release on my medical records from Scripps.  He serves Escondido three days a week and here near the hospital on Monday and Fridays.

I am faxing the request but in the meantime I am copying from My Scripps records and will take them with me.

UPDATE: I was fortunate to be accepted by Dr Rod Serry, he has done more TAVRS in the county that any other doctor and I really like him, the way he explains things, etc.  Very happy to make the switch



No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far