Sunday, November 15, 2020

Walking Around the Block


 This is the view as I am walking back to my house on Horado Rd.  My house is across the street from the house at the bottom and the view is facing northeast toward Ramona.  As I walk up the hill in the afternoon we are looking into the sunset and toward the ocean in the west.  About 30 minutes from the ocean!  

When we lived in Rancho Bernardo in 1988-1996 we were north of the city.  Now the communities have filled in between the first place I lived in North Park and Carmel Mountain, Penasquitos, Mira Mesa, Poway, Scripps Ranch etc are all south of me but there are few open spaces.


I had a Carl Larson picture on a tray which I have used for over 20 years I think but today I broke it on my tile kitchen floor.  No problem I decoupaged it and it is firm and solid and matches the box I use to put all the things I need to walk Sadie (keys, leash, sunglasses.)  I had been using the garage door opener and exiting and entering the garage for our walks.  But I came home to find my garage door wide open (and who knows for how long) because carrying the opener on the waist of my jeans was too sensitive to my movements and who knows when I had accidently opened the garage.  Now I put the keys around my neck and go in and out the front door.

I use the tray when I want to watch tv while eating my lunch or supper.  So far, no spills.  Decoupage is fun and Eden and Kiera and Nico (with Meagan's help) have done a little.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far