Monday, February 15, 2021

The Eczema Puzzle

 In the last several years my face has been more sensitive to cancer, keratosis, dermatitis, eczema, etc.  Dealing with it all has been a nightmare and I have had more than one dermatologist depending on where I was living at the moment.

A couple of months ago I was dealing with possible cancer which turned out to be acitinic keratosis and I met a new dermatologist in Rancho Bernardo.  It cleared up.

A couple weeks ago eczema flared up after eating about 5 of Costco Cream Cheese Danish (they are so wonderful but never again) over a two week period.  I figured it was all the dairy and wheat that I have a problem with.

This week it flared up even more and the itch is driving me crazy.

Since I have been doing Keto this last week I have now resolved that it is probably the heavy cream usage.  I at first blamed it on the Aussie Mousse I was trying but now I am realizing I just cannot have any dairy.  I switched to almond milk a couple years or so ago.  I probably should switch to coconut oil for my butter, too. It is always a time consuming challenge chasing down what it is that is causing my problem at the time.  And, of course, you always suspect stress...

I have always had bad allergies but finding out just what it is has always been a challenge...so I will go to coconut milk, etc. and see if my eczema goes away!!  UGH!

Yes, the brown spots are from all the sun, heard that before.  There was all the sun sitting around the Glendive pool but the most sun was crewing on a sailboat for about three years when I came to San Diego to teach school in 56!!!!  





Update: Feb 21, 2021

The itch is gone.  I have been using Aveeno Eczema Therapy and the redness is almost completely gone.  I have been using Coconut Milk and Cream instead of Cream.  I gave the last quart I bought to Meagan to make ice cream.  On the 20th I had some cream left from the old bottle and finished it off.  So far the eczema is not coming back.  We will see.  If it was not created by too much cream, it will have been the Aussie Gel (from a tree) that I used for one week.  We will see if it stays away.


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far