Monday, November 15, 2021

Maria's Birthday November 15


.


I remember well the day Maria was born.  I went in for a regular check with my Dr. Rust.  Since  Linda had come naturally, he was waiting to see if we would do a cesarean or not.  

He said that Maria had turned breech and it was too dangerous to do naturally and they would be doing a cesarean today.  He called another Dr in for a second opinion. and began to prepare.

I called Richard and he came in, not sure who was tending Linda and Johnny.  I ended up up with a beautiful baby and a lot of pain!!!  I was in a room with 3 others.  I complained about my nurse always being late with the pain pill.  They confirmed this was true.  I hobbled out to the pay phone and called Dr Rust and complained.  She was never late with that pain pill again.

For some reason I had a little depression, birth blues or whatever.  I kept a bassinet in the kitchen at home and I am afraid Maria got a few bottles instead of breast cuz it was so hard with Linda only 17 months and Johnny just barely 3.

The Doctor said I could have 3 cesareans so he did not tie my tubes or anything so we could have one more baby.

Maria was a real doll and Linda loved to take care of her.



 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far