Saturday, November 13, 2021

Marissa's Shower in Utah and a Sleep Study for Me


 The Pulsipher clan was up from California as well as Utah to attend the shower for Marissa at her Aunt's home.

Tanner and Marissa have rented an apartment and will be living there till after their baby is born in January.  It is in the Ogden area where Marissa's family lives and Tanner will be interning for a few months and then he goes to Las Vegas to intern.

In the picture is Sarah and Linda on each side of Marissa and Kristi from Las Vegas and Jeff's wife from Utah and her daughter next to Sarah.

I intended going with them but two situations changed my mind.  I had a sleep study done the night of November 12th and did not sleep too well plus we were having a covid outbreak at Treeo and decided it was best I did not attend a family function.

It was good we changed our plans.  I was sort of shocked when I found out I was going to have about 22 wires attached to my body but all went well till I woke about 12:30 and was told I would now have to have a mask on me to have this humid air flow in my nose for the rest of the night.

The problem was my nose was all stuffed and I could not breathe with the masks on.  We tried about 7 or so.  I tried putting saline in my nose and blowing but it was to no avail.

The attendant helping me had worked in respiratory before setting up this part of the American Fork Hospital as a Sleep Study area.  He was very learned in my problem and said he would go to another section of the hospital and find me a stronger saline mist than I had.  This worked fairly well but I was still very tired when I was waked at 6:30 and told I needed to get up and answer some questions and prepare to go home.

I did as I was told but it was still very dark out so he told me I could just stay in bed and sleep longer.

Dr. Walker has an appointment for me to see an ENT and see if my deviated septum needs work again or if he can get me to being able to not have a blocked nose so much of the time. The cancer I had on my nose made that nostril a lot smaller.  That should be interesting and then they want me to wear the mask and inhale the humid oxygen or whatever it is as it will make me much more rested every night..  The problem is I am waking up all the time and not going into deep sleep hardly at all.   If it isn't one thing it is another...but I would love to not be so tired.  I am just not excited about this mask thing...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far