Monday, November 29, 2021

Old Friend Passed Away


 These two were also attending 4th Ward when I came to San Diego to teach.  I dated Clinton a little but he had his eye on this gal and was afraid to ask her out because he had dated her roommate.  I encouraged him to ask her out and the rest was history.  Richard soon came on the scene and he and I were a good match and soon married.  When Richard passed away the day before Thanksgiving in 1996, Clinton was the San Diego Temple President as shown in the above picture.  My children and I went to the Temple a few days after services and Sister Davis saw us waiting in line and quickly asked some elders to put extra chairs in a session that was about to begin so we would not have to wait.  They were both very special people and Linda lives back to back with one of the sons and his wife in Carlsbad.  Small world.

Ironically Clinton died the day before Thanksgiving also.



No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far