Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bruce to the Rescue

Maria told in her blog about Bruce biting through Bandido's leash and leading him to the back door so we could let him in. I got to thinking about that. Bandido wanted outside at Maria's but I didn't feel I wanted him roaming a neighborhood he didn't know so I hooked him up to Bruce's run. Unfortunately the run is a little way from the house and when he probably started barking to come in, I did not hear him. To tell you the truth, I had forgotten all about him and was concentrating on the dinner.
This just shows you how smart dogs really are. I would give anything to have witnessed Bandido in distress and Bruce figuring out what to do to save him. Reminds me of when my sister Carole was about 2 or 3 and wandered down to the football field. We found her there with our dog Star sitting beside her on the top step of the football arena. Dogs are so smart.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far