Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ensign

The conference issue of Ensign came this week and I decided to read a little each night and underline what is of most needful to me. There is so much timely advice and wisdom I am just overwhelmed. Even though I heard most of the talks I am totally amazed at how much is so important for me to study and follow right now, so much that is so pertinent to what is going on in the world and my life today.
For instance the talk by Robert D Hales on 'Becoming Provident Providers Temporally and Spiritually' "With all the love I have in me and with the Savior's love through me, I invite you to come unto Him and hear His words:
'Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted.' (2 Nephi 9:51).
I testify that the appetite to possess worldly things can only be overcome by turning to the Lord. The hunger of addiction can only be replaced by our love for Him. He stands ready to help each one of us.
'Fear not,' He said, 'for you are mine, and I have over come the world.' D & C 50:41.
I bear my special witness that through the Atonement He has overcome all things. May each of us also overcome worldly temptation by coming unto Him and by becoming provident providers both temporally and spiritually for ourselves and others is my humble prayer.'
I feel so fortunate to have a source of truth and wisdom at my fingertips. There is so much of little worth and so many untruths being bandied about it gives me such peace to have prophets speak to me through the Ensign.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far