Thursday, May 07, 2009

Swedish Crazy Quilt

This week I worked a little on a crazy quilt I started years ago. I used material scraps taken from my sister-in-law's home in Glendive, Montana. I am supposed to have nine squares and I only have three nearly completed. They are so imperfect I often think I should scrap the whole idea. Embroidery is not a gifted talent of mine. I would never have made it in the 1700-1800s when needle work was so important as a skill.
I can only work on a project for so long and then I am bored with it and have to do something else. I remember a talk of Sterling Sill called 'Finishers Wanted'. Not sure I am a finisher but I know I am a great beginner.
Which reminds me, all those trees that were given to me last fall which I planted and then paid someone to water after I left for Sacramento so they would get a good start before winter set in--well, anyway they did not make it. Now what I have is some great tree holes with good soil and nothing growing in them. Not that anything grows too well in this yard. Bad soil? Too many pines? Not sure why. C'est la vie.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far