Thursday, May 07, 2009

Jacob and his Heritage

Since I am going back down to San Diego next week I decided to take something I made for Jacob on the day he was born. Jacob is 10 years old now and I had actually forgotten about it.
Anyway it is an Ahnentafel Chart which is his direct ancestors as far back as are shown in the Family History Center computer on that day Feb 3, 1999. Of course, it does not have all his direct ancestors on each line but it goes for 15 generations and the 15th generation has 54 listed. Most of them are from Richard's side of the family when it gets back that far but mine go back to the 13th generation.
Then I took from the direct ancestors as shown in the royalty lines and take it back to about the 900s.
What he will find is that most of his ancestors come from England and Sweden but he had a lot in the American colonies in the 1600-1700s and prior to 1500 had ancestors from France, Belgium, Scotland, Poland, Spain and Germany, etc.
The darker skin that some of the children and grandchildren have must be that French and Spanish influence, certainly not the Swedish.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far